Friday, August 2, 2013

Ode to Monitors -- Judy Kreczmer




1. What is your name (I may not always be able to tell by your email)?
JUDY KRECZMER

2. When did you start coming to Lillstreet?
I started taking classes in 1997.  I've been a monitor since 2000. (Yikes!)

3. What brought/brings you to Lillstreet?
I love the community of artists and enjoy being part of the process of bringing the students work to completion.

4. What is the nature of your clay work -- functional or sculptural?
Functional.  When I am working in clay, I work on "stuff" for my garden.

5. What is your process? Do you sketch, prototype and conceptualize? etc.
If I am working with tiles, I sketch and measure and sketch and measure again.   For other work, I usually have the end result in mind and work from there.

6. What or who influence your work?
I love old architecture and the workmanship and craft that went into it.  I try to keep that in mind within my own work.

7. Do you work with other medium besides clay?
Nope.

8. What are your duties as a monitor?
I am part of the firing team and I unload/load the Bailey kilns.

9. If there’s one thing you absolutely have to inform the Lillstreet clay community that would make your work easier, what would it be?
Please don't try to sneak your glazed work onto "Cart One".  It is not fair to the other students who wait in line!   Also, check the bottom of your pots for glaze - I HATE to have to move something onto the reject shelf just because it was not cleaned off properly.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment