Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ode to Monitors -- Daniel Pugh




1. What is your name (I may not always be able to tell by your email)?
Daniel Eugene Barnett-Pugh

2. When did you start coming to Lillstreet?
Fall 2004

3. What brought/brings you to Lillstreet?
Lynn (my wife) made me do it. It’s all her fault.

4. What is the nature of your clay work -- functional or sculptural?
Flower vases, are those functional or sculptural?

5. What is your process? Do you sketch, prototype and conceptualize? etc.
I utilize everything I can get my hands on; cardboard, toothpicks, pen & paper. Recently I have even begun to use 3D drafting software to workout design issues.

6. What or who influence your work?
Sol Lewitt’s “Sentences On Conceptual Art”

7. Do you work with other medium besides clay?
I work in all plastic mediums but clay remains my favorite. It’s immediate.

8. What are your duties as a monitor?
Monitor-of-All-Trades (Cleaning, Firing, Building, Repairing and Commiserating)

9. If there’s one thing you absolutely have to inform the Lillstreet clay community that would make your work easier, what would it be?
“Cleanliness is next to godliness,” but is all else fails please scoop up your trimmings.

No comments:

Post a Comment