1. What is your name (I may not always be able to tell by your email)?
2. When did you start coming to Lillstreet?
2003 - 5 week "Casual Fridays" class - 1/2 at old Lillstreet, 1/2 at new place on Montrose
3. What brought/brings you to Lillstreet?
4. What is the nature of your clay work -- functional or sculptural?
both - functional cups/yunomi, vases....sculptural - wall platters, vases, teabowls - wood-fired and soda-fired work, mostly
5. What is your process?
Do you sketch, prototype and conceptualize? etc. yunomis/cups - make lots, step back and review now and again
6. What or who influence your work?
Peter Voulkos, Don Reitz, Japanese ceramics - Shoji Hamada, Tatsuzo Shimaoka, Shigemasa Higashida http://www.soshintougi.com/english/index.html , Shiro Tsujimura, wood-fired ceramics
7. Do you work with other medium besides clay?
lithograph, acrylic paints
8. What are your duties as a monitor?
9. If there’s one thing you absolutely have to inform the Lillstreet clay community that would make your work easier, what would it be?
I am an expert cup-cake taster - I will sample and give feedback to anyone