My name is Cassandra Deiters.
2. When did you start coming to Lillstreet?
I started coming to Lillstreet in August 2012.
3. What brought/brings you to Lillstreet?
I came to Lillstreet because I wanted to improve on my ceramic skills. I took a ceramic class in college and was terrible! Ha! So, my art professor suggested Lillstreet when I moved to Chicago.
4. What is the nature of your clay work -- functional or sculptural?
Since I am still a beginner, I've stuck with the same class, beginners wheel throwing. My work is functional, if that is what you want to call it. I think that would be more of an opinion. :o)
5. What is your process? Do you sketch, prototype and conceptualize? etc.
When I throw, I don't usually have a thought process. I just throw and see what happens. Haha! Still a beginner.
6. What or who influence your work?
My inspiration is my family and friends. They ask for pieces and I do my best to make something for them that is similar to their wants and needs.
7. Do you work with other medium besides clay?
I have previously worked and work in other mediums, my major was art. I am more experienced in drawing, printmaking, and painting.
8. What are your duties as a monitor?
I am a Kidstreet monitor
9. If there’s one thing you absolutely have to inform the Lillstreet clay community that would make your work easier, what would it be?