Monday, July 22, 2013

Ode to Monitors -- Cassandra Deiters



1.       What is your name (I may not always be able to tell by your email)?
My name is Cassandra Deiters.

2.       When did you start coming to Lillstreet?
I started coming to Lillstreet in August 2012.

3.       What brought/brings you to Lillstreet?
I came to Lillstreet because I wanted to improve on my ceramic skills. I took a ceramic class in college and was terrible! Ha!  So, my art professor suggested Lillstreet when I moved to Chicago.

4.       What is the nature of your clay work -- functional or sculptural?
Since I am still a beginner, I've stuck with the same class, beginners wheel throwing. My work is functional, if that is what you want to call it. I think that would be more of an opinion. :o)

5.       What is your process?  Do you sketch, prototype and conceptualize? etc.
When I throw, I don't usually have a thought process. I just throw and see what happens. Haha! Still a beginner.

6.       What or who influence your work?
My inspiration is my family and friends. They ask for pieces and I do my best to make something for them that is similar to their wants and needs.

7.       Do you work with other medium besides clay?
I have previously worked and work in other mediums, my major was art. I am more experienced in drawing, printmaking, and painting.

8.       What are your duties as a monitor?
I am a Kidstreet monitor

9.       If there’s one thing you absolutely have to inform the Lillstreet clay community that would make your work easier, what would it be?
One thing that would make my work easier would be to know where the extra trash bags are stored besides the women's bathroom. It's so frustrating when I get there Wednesday mornings and all the trash bags are used up from the usual hiding spots. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment