Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Instructor Introduction: Yong Hyun Chung


Please tell us a little about yourself; your name, background, education, and a fun fact or two.

I have earned my MFA from School of the Art Institute of Chicago in 2007. I also studied ceramics at Kookmin University, Seoul, Korea and earned BFA.

How long have you been working with clay and how did you get started?
I met clay when I went to college in 1997, and keep doing artwork with clay. I do sculptural as well as functional ceramic work. Since past two years, I am in love with soda firing. I am making large scale vessels and delving into soda kiln nowadays.

Do you sell your work? If so, how can one find it?
I have my website, www.claynmore.com. People can purchase my work via my website, Etsy.com(forthcoming), or visiting studio at Lillstreet Art Center Ste. 205 West.


No comments:

Post a Comment