Monday, October 12, 2009

Instructor Introduction: Momoko Usami

Please tell us a little about yourself; your name, background, education, and a fun fact or two.
I’m Momoko Usami. I went to under graduate, and graduate school at Kyoto City University of Art in Kyoto, Japan. I came to the U.S. last year to change my environment, and to research how the cultural difference influence people’s view.

How long have you been working with clay and how did you get started?
I have been working with clay since University. So almost 9 years.

What are your influences, both inside and outside of the clay world?
Ceramics for souvenir, Japanese painting in Edo period, dreams, find something on the street

Do you sell your work? If so, how can one find it?
Woman Made Gallery. You are more than welcome to stop by my studio.

What advice can you give to students of the ceramic arts?
Learn from trial and error, just need to be patient and take your time.

How do you spend your time when not working with clay?
Drawing, cooking, eating, reading, thinking or sleeping

Any parting words?
I like beer.

Website: http://momokousami.shichihuku.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment